- Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Bureau of Justice Assistance Programs
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Funding
- Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance
Search and browse information on all federal grant programs, plus application procedures, eligibility and deadlines.
- The Council on Foundations - Promoting Knowledge, Growth and Action In Philanthropy
- Counterdrug Technology Assessment Center
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Emergency Management Performance Grant Program (PDF format)*
- Federal Agencies and Commissions
- Federal Funds Express - Contract and Web Resources
Recommended sources of information for researching grants, procurement, and other resources on the Internet.
- Federal Register
This official "newspaper" announces anything having to do with the federal government. Find out about upcoming grants, proposed legislation, new federal rules and proposals for changes in federal law, executive orders and presidential documents. Also use the search feature.
This gateway to government information was established as the online locator service for a comprehensive inventory of information disseminated by the federal government.
- FEMA Grant Applicant Resources
Policies, Guidance, FAQs and other resources for public safety agencies applying for FEMA grants.
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
HMGP provides grants to states and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a major disaster declaration. The purpose of the HMGP is to reduce the loss of life and property due to natural disasters and to enable mitigation measures to be implemented during the immediate recovery from a disaster.
- First Gov
Official U.S. Government portal to 47 million pages of government information, services, and online transactions. Offers a powerful search engine that searches every word of every U.S. government document, in a quarter of a second or less.
- The Foundation Center - Helping grantseekers succeed, helping grantmakers make a difference
- Funding Opportunities at the Office of Justice Programs
- Fundsnet Services: Grants and Fundraising Resources for nonprofit organizations and schools
- Government Liquidation
The government's own auction and surplus eBay-style site, and the exclusive partner of the US Department of Defense for the sale of military surplus.
Simplifies the grants management process and creates a centralized, online process to find, and apply for, over 900 grant programs from the 26 Federal grant-making agencies.
- GrantsNet - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The Information Technology Initiatives - The Information Sharing Resource for the Justice and Public Safety Communities
- Joint Tactical Radio System – Interoperable Communications Equipment
The Joint Tactical Radio System is a DoD initiative. JTRS is designed to provide a flexible new approach to meet diverse warfighter communications needs through software programmable radio technology.
- JUSTNET - Funding Sources
- JUSTNET - The 1033 Program
- JUSTNET - How LEAs Use the 1122 Program
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service - Grants and Funding
- National Incident Management System Integration Center (NIMS/ NIC)
Check the NIMS homepage regularly for updates and ICS/NIMS news relevant to your department.
- National Institute of Corrections
- National Institute of Justice Technology Research Funding
- National Disaster Medical System (NDMS)
- National Technology Transfer Center
Links to every US legislative, executive and judicial branch, plus independent government agencies and all 50 states.
- Office of Domestic Preparedness
- Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention - Serving Children, Families, and Communities
- Public Safety Foundation of America
- State Administering Agencies for Formula ODP Grants
Find the name and contact information for the agency within your state that controls the Edward Byrne Memorial Grants and Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEBG) funds. You will need to speak with them regarding when your application period is, your agency's eligibility to participate in the program, and your state's application procedure to apply for these type grants.
- State Administering Agencies for Homeland Security Issues
Need contact with your State Administering Agency for any State Homeland Security Grant Programs? Look here.
- State & Local Government on the Net
Having trouble finding web sites that relate to your state and local government? I wish I had known about this site a long time ago. Click your state for instant access to tons of information and contact details.
- State Homeland Security Contacts - DHS
- System for Award Management (SAM.gov)- Active registration required for all FEMA grant applicants and awardees. For help with SAM.gov:
- Become familiar with SAM.gov Website. Read the Guides, Top FAQs, and other information that can be found on the SAM.gov website, the SAM Helpful Hints page, and the Federal Service Desk at www.fsd.gov.
- View the AFG’s SAM.gov presentation and the prerecorded SAM webinar from the General Services Administration (GSA). They cover topics such as how to create a new SAM user account; how to migrate permissions from the legacy Central Contractors Registry (CCR) system into SAM; and how to update and renew an existing registration.
- Contact the AFG Grants Management Specialists (GMS). Send questions by e-mail to the AFG Grants Management Specialist for your FEMA region. A list of the GMS for each FEMA Region can be found on the AFG Website. You may send questions by fax to the GMS staff at 202-786-9905.
- Urban Areas Security Initiative
Not sure if you're in a UASI area? This will tell you if you are: UASI (Urban Area Security Initiatives) Cities* (PDF format)
- U. S. Department of Transportation Acquisition and Grants
- US Fire Administration
Alphabetized listing and website addresses of all government agencies.
- US Fire Administration - USFA Fire Grants & EMS Grants Funding Manual
Download the USFA Manual on Funding Alternatives for Emergency Medical and Fire Services
- US Blue Pages
Want to know who does what in our US government? Kind of like having a Yellow Pages for the US Government.