- Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Bureau of Justice Assistance Grants & Funding Programs - Grants and other funding announcements from the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Funding
- Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance
Search and browse information on all federal grant programs, plus application procedures, eligibility and deadlines.
- The Council on Foundations - Promoting Knowledge, Growth and Action In Philanthropy
Members of the Council include approximately 1,600 independent, operating, community, public and company-sponsored foundations, and corporate giving programs in the United States and abroad.
- Counterdrug Technology Assessment Center
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Emergency Management Performance Grant Program (PDF format)*
- USA.gov - Federal Agencies and Commissions
As the U.S. government's official web portal, USA.gov makes it easy for the public to get U.S. government information and services on the web.
- Federal Funds Express - Contract and Web Resources
Recommended sources of information for researching grants, procurement, and other resources on the Internet.
- Federal Register
This official "newspaper" announces anything having to do with the federal government. Find out about upcoming grants, proposed legislation, new federal rules and proposals for changes in federal law, executive orders and presidential documents. Also use the search feature.
- FEMA Grant Applicant Resources
Policies, Guidance, FAQs and other resources for public safety agencies applying for FEMA grants.
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
HMGP provides grants to states and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a major disaster declaration. The purpose of the HMGP is to reduce the loss of life and property due to natural disasters and to enable mitigation measures to be implemented during the immediate recovery from a disaster.
- The Foundation Center
Helps grantseekers succeed and helps grantmakers make a difference.
- Funding Opportunities at the Office of Justice Programs
- Fundsnet Services: Grants and Fundraising Resources for nonprofit organizations and schools
- Government Liquidation
The government's own auction and surplus eBay-style site, and the exclusive partner of the US Department of Defense for the sale of military surplus.
Simplifies the grants management process and creates a centralized, online process to find, and apply for, over 900 grant programs from the 26 Federal grant-making agencies.
- GrantsNet - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The Information Technology Initiatives - The Information Sharing Resource for the Justice and Public Safety Communities
- Joint Tactical Radio System – Interoperable Communications Equipment
The Joint Tactical Radio System is a DoD initiative. JTRS is designed to provide a flexible new approach to meet diverse warfighter communications needs through software programmable radio technology.
- JUSTNET - Funding Sources
- JUSTNET - The 1033 Program
- JUSTNET - How LEAs Use the 1122 Program
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service - Grants and Funding
- National Incident Management System Integration Center (NIMS/ NIC)
Check the NIMS homepage regularly for updates and ICS/NIMS news relevant to your department.
- National Institute of Corrections
The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is an agency within the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons. NIC provides training, technical assistance, information services, and policy/program development assistance to federal, state, and local corrections agencies. Through cooperative agreements, NIC also awards funds to support program initiatives.
- National Disaster Medical System (NDMS)
The National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) is a federally coordinated system that augments the Nation's medical response capability. The overall purpose of the NDMS is to supplement an integrated National medical response capability for assisting State and local authorities in dealing with the medical impacts of major peacetime disasters and to provide support to the military and the Department of Veterans Affairs medical systems in caring for casualties evacuated back to the U.S. from overseas armed conventional conflicts.
- National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) and Pipeline Information Management Mapping Application (PIMMA)
The US Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS). The NPMS is a restricted-access dataset for government officials and pipeline operators. Through the Pipeline Information Management Mapping Application (PIMMA), NPMS contains locations of and information about gas transmission and hazardous liquid pipelines and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plants which are under the jurisdiction of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), as well as voluntarily submitted breakout tank data.
- Office of Domestic Preparedness
- Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention - Serving Children, Families, and Communities
- Public Safety Foundation of America (PSFA)
The PSFA’s objective is to provide critical funding and technical support to public safety answering points (PSAPs) and local emergency response officials.
- State Administering Agencies for Formula ODP Grants
Find the name and contact information for the agency within your state that controls the Edward Byrne Memorial Grants and Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEBG) funds. You will need to speak with them regarding when your application period is, your agency's eligibility to participate in the program, and your state's application procedure to apply for these type grants.
- State Homeland Security Contacts
Need contact with your State Administering Agency for any State Homeland Security Grant Programs? Look here.
- State & Local Government on the Net
Having trouble finding web sites that relate to your state and local government? I wish I had known about this site a long time ago. The State and Local Government Internet directory provides convenient one-stop access to the websites of thousands of state agencies and city and county governments.
- State Homeland Security Contacts - DHS
- System for Award Management (SAM.gov)
Active registration required for all FEMA grant applicants and awardees. For help with SAM.gov:
- Become familiar with SAM.gov Website. Read the Guides, Top FAQs, and other information that can be found on the SAM.gov website, the SAM Helpful Hints page, and the Federal Service Desk at www.fsd.gov.
- View the AFG’s SAM.gov presentation and the prerecorded SAM webinar from the General Services Administration (GSA). They cover topics such as how to create a new SAM user account; how to migrate permissions from the legacy Central Contractors Registry (CCR) system into SAM; and how to update and renew an existing registration.
- Contact the AFG Grants Management Specialists (GMS). Send questions by e-mail to the AFG Grants Management Specialist for your FEMA region. A list of the GMS for each FEMA Region can be found on the AFG Website. You may send questions by fax to the GMS staff at 202-786-9905.
- Urban Areas Security Initiative
Not sure if you're in a UASI area? This will tell you if you are: UASI (Urban Area Security Initiatives) Cities* (PDF format)
- US Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration - Acquisition and Grants Management
Provides acquisition and assistance policy development and oversight for the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Additionally, provides operational contract and assistance support to the FHWA headquarters organization, including the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center (TFHRC) and the National Highway Institute (NHI).
- US Fire Administration
As an entity of the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency, the mission of the USFA is to provide national leadership to foster a solid foundation for fire and emergency services stakeholders in prevention, preparedness, and response.
- USA Gov
Official U.S. Government portal to 47 million pages of government information, services, and online transactions. Offers a powerful search engine that searches every word of every U.S. government document, in a quarter of a second or less.
- US Fire Administration - USFA Fire Grants & EMS Grants Funding Manual
Download the USFA Manual on Funding Alternatives for Emergency Medical and Fire Services
- US Blue Pages
Want to know who does what in our US government? Kind of like having a Yellow Pages for the US Government.