If you applied for FY2013 AFG funding, FEMA strongly recommends that you do the following now to avoid unnecessary delays to any potential award:
Ensure that your organization’s registration is “Active” and that the information is current. All applicants are required to be registered in SAM.gov at the time of application. No awards will be made to applicants that do not have Active registrations in SAM.gov.
Remember, there is never a fee to register or renew your registration in SAM.gov. If you need technical assistance with SAM, contact the SAM Helpdesk at 866-606-8220, 8 am to 8 pm, Monday through Friday.
2. Check the expiration date of your SAM.gov registration. Do not allow it to expire!
The expiration date will be listed near the top of the account information. Your SAM registration must be updated and revalidated every 12 months from the date of registration, or it will expire. If your registration is due to expire in the next few months, find out now who will be responsible for updating the SAM.gov information so that it does not expire.
3. If you received an AFG award in the past, please check the information in your online Direct Deposit form (SF-1199A).
Be sure that the information is both correct and matches the data in your SAM.gov registration. If the data in your Direct Deposit form and SAM.gov registration are incorrect and/or do not match, your award will be delayed until they are corrected.
Be certain that the following data are correct and matching in SAM:
- DUNS Number: Must match the DUNS number in your application
- Payee Address: Must match exactly ONE of these addresses in the SAM.gov account: Physical, Mailing, or Remittance
- Employer ID Number (EIN or Tax ID Number)
- Type of Bank Account (Checking or Savings)
- Bank Routing Number
- Bank Account Number
4. If you have been awarded AFG funds in the past, ensure that your organization has submitted all of the required closeout reports.
Grant closeout reports should be submitted online for all AFG and Fire Prevention and Safety awards from fiscal years (FY) 2010 and earlier, e.g., EMW-2010-XX-XXXXX, EMW-2009-XX-XXXXX, unless you received an approved amendment to extend the period of performance.
SAFER grant closeouts for FY 2005 to 2008 must be submitted using the forms that are provided to grantees 90 days before closeouts are due.
If you have not submitted closeout reports for these awards, new awards will be delayed until the outstanding closeout reports have been submitted. Contact the AFG Helpdesk for more information at 866-274-0960 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDER: For all FY 2009 AFG and Fire Prevention and Safety Grants, closeout reports must be submitted no later than June 30, 2014, and all eligible payment requests must be submitted no later than September 15, 2014.
5. Be certain that you have completed the required semiannual Federal Financial Reports (SF-425) for all grants that have open periods of performance.
These financial reports are required every 6 months during the period of performance regardless of whether you have received any grant payments. These reports are submitted online in the AFG e-Grants system.
Contact the AFG Helpdesk if you need information on locating the SF-425 report screen.
Again, if these reports are not submitted, any potential new award will be delayed until the required SF-425 reports have been received.