Online Training: Winning the Assistance to Firefighters Grant
Your class registration includes a FREE 6-month trial membership of GrantFinder’s Vertical Version (a $375 value). You’ll see grants relevant to your sector.
Powered by the team at Praetorian Digital, GrantFinder is a real-time, online, searchable database of every federal, state, foundation and corporate grant available to your community. It’s easy to use, yet is seamlessly built with powerful features and backed up with outstanding support.
Sign up within the 6-month trial and receive exclusive special discounts from First Responder Grants!
No Travel Required!
You will receive 6 months FREE GrantFinder (a $375.00 Value)
“I’ve known Kurt in the grant area since 2003. Kurt was the driving force that allowed me to receive our first Assistance to Firefighters Grant, and throughout the years, and over a million dollars in grant money later, he has been an amazing resource for grant training and consulting. As a recent student of Kurt’s online course, it provided me with updated essential training in the comfort of my home. I would definitely recommend First Responder Grants as your grant resource.”
— Brian Andrus, West Marshall Fire Department, Benton, Kentucky
Who should take this training?
This 6-hour training is designed for those individuals who have been charged with the responsibility of writing an application to the annual Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program offered by FEMA.
It does not matter if you have never written a grant in your life or if you have received AFG grants already. Our AFG training is taught in plain, easy-to-comprehend language that you will understand.
What will you get out of it?
Our online AFG training will give you the knowledge and skill sets needed to develop, write, and submit an application to the Assistance to Firefighter’s Grant Program. Upon completion of this training, you will:
- Know what steps are needed to properly prepare for this grant application in advance of the application period
- Understand the purpose of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program
- Comprehend the meaning and importance of Critical Infrastructure to your application
- Understand how to properly describe your community and your department to a review
- Know how to properly describe the Financial Need of your department
- Understand the difference between Cost Benefit and Operational Outcomes and properly relate those items in words
- Know how to describe the problem your department is trying to resolve and how to properly explain your proposed solution to that problem
- Be able to read and comprehend the Funding Opportunity Announcement that precedes the opening of the application period
- Understand the rules and regulations about the program and submitting your request
- Get 6 months FREE GrantFinder’s Vertical Version. You’ll see grants relevant to your sector.
Through video presentations and examples of the various written sections of the grant, this training will instill in you the confidence needed to successfully develop, write and submit a strong, competitive application.
Complete the Training at Your Own Pace
While our live training takes place over two days, due to busy schedules and emergencies that’s not a timeframe that can work for everyone. That’s why you can take our online training at your pace, depending on your schedule.
Our online training is $449, the same price as our live training. Purchasing the training gives you access to all training content for one year. You can also use the training’s messaging system to connect with instructors, ask department-specific questions, and receive personalized feedback and guidance.
Join the Winner’s Circle
Since 2004, we have served the grant development needs of Police, Fire, EMS, and Emergency Management Agencies across the country. Our clients have a 78% funding success rate. Join the winner’s circle today, with our online Winning AFG training.