New turnout gear for VFDs
4 sets of bunker gear will go to 13 Volunteer Fire Departments
As the world’s largest and most trusted manufacturer of structural firesuits in the world, Globe is giving back to first responders in need through this remarkable donation program. The program launched in 2012, when Globe partnered with DuPont Protection Technologies and the NVFC to celebrate the company’s 125th anniversary by giving away turnout gear to volunteer departments in the U.S. and Canada who demonstrated their need. With the success of the 2012 program and the great need among departments for gear, Globe, DuPont Protection Technologies,and the NVFC have created an annual Globe Gear Giveaway program. To date, 299 sets of turnout gear have been awarded to 56 departments.
What this grant does for your agency
In 2016, Globe will donate a total of 52 sets of state-of-the-art turnout gear to 13 all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments in the U.S. and Canada that are members of the NVFC. Each winning department in the Globe Turnout Gear Giveaway will receive 4 sets of new turnout gear.
Only a limited number of grants will be awarded.
For full eligibility details, see the Grant Guidelines. To be eligible to apply for 4 sets of turnout gear through the 2016 Globe Gear Giveaway, departments must meet the following criteria:
- Departments must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
- Departments must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States or Canada and be legally organized under state/province law.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. (If you are not a member, join here.) To help departments meet the membership criteria, Globe will provide a complimentary NVFC Membership to the first 500 applicants.
- Departments must demonstrate a need for the gear.
- Only one application will be accepted per department. Any subsequent applications received for that department will be disqualified.
- Departments who receive a donation of four sets of gear must use the gear for the benefit of their department and not for any other purpose. Gear cannot be resold.
- Departments who receive gear agree that their department name, details from application essay, and photo may be used in media by Globe, DuPont Protection Technologies, and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation program.
- Applicants that do not meet the stated criteria will be disqualified from the application process.
About the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC)
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable tools, resources, programs, and advocacy for first responders across the nation. More
Grant applications are due no later than 11:59 p.m. EST, Wed., June 1, 2016.
Funding Opportunity Number: TKFON. Apply for the Globe Turnout Gear Giveaway