Equipment funding grants for public safety agencies and first responders
Grant Deadline: This program accepts applications on an rotating basis.
2021 grant application periods (subject to change)
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021–Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5 PM ET
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021–Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 5 PM ET
- Tuesday, October 5, 2021–2022 Q1 grant deadline: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 5 PM ET
Not just for the fire service
All types of public safety agencies, including fire departments, law enforcement, EMS, public safety organizations, non-profits, and schools are eligible.
The Foundation mainly focuses its resources in areas served by Firehouse Subs restaurants, typically within a 60-mile radius of a Firehouse Subs location. However, the Foundation does consider applications outside of the 60-mile guideline.
Lifesaving equipment and prevention education tools
The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation supports improving the lifesaving capabilities of first responders and public safety agencies.
The Foundation accomplishes this by providing lifesaving equipment and prevention education tools to first responders and public safety organizations.
What this grant does for your agency
Agencies awarded the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Grant receive funds to aid in purchasing equipment.
- “$15,000-$25,000 is a guideline”
- “Requests exceeding $50,000 will not be accepted.”
- If your organization has received a grant from this funder in the past, they ask that you “wait a minimum of two years from the date of approval before reapplying.”
- Up to 600 applications accepted per application period. Only a limited number of grants will be awarded.
All public safety grant requests must fall within the Foundation’s funding guidelines:
Some types of equipment items are not eligible, including (but not limited to):
- Body cameras
- Building exhaust removal systems
- Crash data boxes
- Dash cams
- Drones and drone accessories
- Exercise equipment
- Goodie bags
- Guns/firearms/use of force equipment
- Riot gear
- Laser pointers (designators)
- Inflatable bounce houses
- License plate readers
- Philips FR3 AEDs
- Pluggie the fire plug robot
- Polar Breeze thermal rehabilitation systems
- Portable message signs
- Power load stretchers
- Radar detectors
- Recording devices
- Refurbished equipment
- Scott SCBA Model AP50 at this time (but “all other Scott product requests are acceptable.”)”
- Security systems
- Surveillance equipment
- Sparky the Fire Dog robots and costumes
- Stop sticks
- Throw bots
- Traffic road barriers
- TruNar analyzers
- T-shirts & polos
About the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
Founded in 2005, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation works to “impact the lifesaving capabilities, and the lives, of local heroes and their communities.” More
Grant applications are due no later than Wed., May 12, 2021.