NRA Public Range Fund Grant Program

NRA Range Grants

Law Enforcement Agencies Seeking Grant Funding

Grant Website & Grant Guidelines

Grant Deadline: This program accepts applications on an ongoing basis.

The NRA Public Range Fund was established in 2009 as a matching grant program to encourage city and county governments, and state or federal agencies, to work with NRA on efforts to build and improve public ranges across the United States.

What this grant does for your agency

At the NRA’s sole discretion, grants are awarded to qualifying city and county governments and state or federal agencies to assist with the acquisition, development, and improvement of public shooting facilities. Grants are also awarded to assist qualifying agencies or local governments with projects designed to improve community relations and to address environmental issues related to range operations. Agencies awarded the NRA Public Range Fund Grant Program receive funds for:

  • To build or improve upon existing public ranges at the city, county, state, or federal level by providing assistance for construction, labor, materials, and equipment costs.
  • To provide assistance for the maintenance, security, and upgrades of public ranges at the city, county, state, or federal level.
  • To support activities and objectives set forth in the bylaws of the National Rifle Association of America.

Applications for grant funding will not exceed $25,000 for any qualifying applicant per year and all applicants will be required to show proof to provide the matching amount of requested funding. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis as funding is available.

Only a limited number of grants will be awarded.

Grant Eligibility

  • An applicant may be any city or county government or state or federal agency that plans to build or improve, or is currently building or improving, public ranges, and is able to provide proof of ability to 100% match awarded funding in revenue, labor, equipment, materials, etc. to ensure the project’s completion.
  • Generally, grants are awarded on a 50-50 matching basis with 50% of the cost of the project being provided by the applicant and 50% awarded from the NRA Public Range Fund. In-kind services of labor, materials, and equipment may be considered to provide the applicant’s 50% contribution to the project.
  • For projects where Pittman-Robertson Funds are being used, the applicant’s share will be 75% of the project, with the remaining 25% coming from the NRA Public Range Fund.

About The National Rifle Association of America (NRA)

Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to “promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis,” according to a magazine editorial written by Church… More

Grant Deadline

Grant applications may be submitted on an ongoing basis.


Apply for the NRA Public Range Fund Grant Program

%d bloggers like this: