Prepare for Emerging Threats and Hazards
Deadline: Feb. 10, 2017
$35.94 Million in Grants to Prevent and Prepare for Terrorist Attacks
The FY2016 Complex Coordinated Terrorist Attacks (CCTA) Program provides $35.94 million to local, state, tribal, and territorial jurisdictions for improving their ability to prepare for, prevent, and respond to complex coordinated terrorist attacks in collaboration with the whole community.
What this grant does for your agency
The FY2016 CCTA Program intends to enhance resilience and build capacity for jurisdictions to address complex coordinated terrorist attacks that may occur across the nation. Following a competitive process, selected local, state, tribal, and territorial jurisdictions will receive funding specifically to build and sustain capabilities to enhance their preparedness for complex coordinated terrorist attacks, to include the following components:
- Identifying capability gaps
- Developing and/or updating plans
- Training to implement plans and procedures, and
- Conducting exercises to validate capabilities.
The FY 2016 CCTA Program will prioritize projects that incorporate the following
- Develop comprehensive and sustainable approaches to enhance preparedness for
complex coordinated terrorist attacks.
- Develop and advance regional partnerships and whole community collaboration.
- Promote creative, innovative, and replicable approaches to preparing for complex
coordinated terrorist attacks.
- Develop and share lessons learned and best practices associated with preparing for
complex coordinated terrorist attacks between jurisdictions.
Agencies awarded the Prepare Communities for Complex Coordinated Terrorist Attacks (CCTA) receive funding up to $2,500,000.
Awards will be made on a competitive basis to applicants who present an ability to successfully meet the requirements described in the NOFO. FEMA encourages interested jurisdictions of various types, sizes, and capabilities to apply. The projected number of awards is 25-30, with a period of performance of 36 months.
For full eligibility details, see the Grant Guidelines:
- Local governments (as defined by 2 C.F.R. § 200.64)
- State governments (includes all 56 states and territories, which includes any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands)
- Federally-recognized Tribal governments
About the FEMA Protection and National Preparedness (PNP)
Protection and National Preparedness (PNP) is responsible for the coordination of preparedness and protection related activities throughout FEMA, including grants, planning, training, exercises, individual and community preparedness, assessments, lessons learned, continuity of government and national capital region coordination. More
Grant applications are due no later than 11:59 p.m. EST, Fri., Feb. 10, 2017.
Funding Opportunity Number: DHS-16-NPD-133-00-01. Apply for the Prepare Communities for Complex Coordinated Terrorist Attacks (CCTA)