The FY 2016 Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) and Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) grant application period opens today and will close on June 15, 2016 at 3:00 P.M. EST.
Local and Tribal governments, or Subapplicants, must submit planning and project sub-applications to their State/Territory Applicant agency. Contact your State Hazard Mitigation Officer: http://www.fema.gov/state-hazard-mitigation-officers to find out their internal deadline for sub-applications.
States, Federally-recognized Tribes and Territories, or Applicants, must submit their PDM and FMA grant applications, with sub-applications ranked in priority order, to FEMA by 3 P.M. EST on June 15, 2016.
Please read the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for each program posted on Grants.gov as they contain the key program priorities and application requirements:
In addition, the Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Unified Guidance posted in the FEMA Library provides detailed information regarding eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit PDM and FMA grant applications via the Mitigation eGrants system (MT eGrants) on the FEMA Grants Portal on the Internet: https:/portal.fema.gov.
If not yet registered for the FEMA Grants Portal, Subapplicants should contact their state hazard mitigation officer for the access ID to request access to the MT eGrants system; Applicants should contact their FEMA Regional office for their access ID.
- HMA Home Page: http://www.fema.gov/hazard-mitigation-assistance
- FEMA Regional Offices: https://www.fema.gov/fema-regional-contacts
- State Hazard Mitigation Officers: http://www.fema.gov/state-hazard-mitigation-officers
- HMA Helpline: 1-866-222-3580 or email: HMAGrantsHelpline@fema.dhs.gov
- MT eGrants Helpdesk: 1-855-228-3362 or email: MTeGrants@fema.dhs.gov