Get ahead of the game
It’s time to look ahead to next year. How will your department bridge funding gaps, and acquire critical training and equipment?
Plan. Learn. Train. Here are 3 steps you can take now to get ready for 2017 grants.
Step 1: Plan
What grants will your department go for?
Every year, grants are available from public, private, corporate, and non-profit providers, and those funds can benefit Law Enforcement Agencies like yours.
- Review our list of available Law Enforcement Grants
- Bookmark programs your agency should try for
- Review each grant and its requirements
- Do the work, write the application, and get it done
Step 2: Learn
Solid data and a strong narrative make a big difference.
Just as you need solid evidence to build a good case, grants need solid data and a strong narrative to give you a competitive shot at a program. We maintain comprehensive lists of data and statistical resources plus government websites that you can turn to get that critical information.
- Understand the grant’s requirements
- Review our resources for the sites you need
- Pull the data into your application and narrative
- Follow the rules of the grant
Step 3: Train
Get the training to get the gear.
Whether you are writing your first or your hundredth grant, there is always more to learn and improve. Grants can also be confusing, but solid, “meat and potatoes,” down-to-earth plain-talk training can give you the skills and confidence you need to tackle any grant.
- Discuss with your superiors and administrators how grant-writing training can help your agency
- Review available resources
- Check our National Training schedule or take our Online Grant-Writing Course on your schedule and wherever you are
Good luck with 2017 grants!