Online Grants Management Training Course For FEMA Grant Recipients Coming Soon
From FEMA, strengthen your grant management skills by participating in one of the upcoming online training opportunities developed for FEMA grant recipients.
K0705 Fundamentals of Grants Management
The Grants Management Technical Assistance (GMTA) team will deliver 10 virtual K0705 Fundamentals of Grants Management courses throughout 2021. The course is intended for FEMA’s grant recipients and subrecipients. It helps participants strengthen their grants management skills. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Improve collaboration among policy, program, and financial staff to integrate grant management functions.
- Identify applicable regulations and navigate and apply the Code of Federal Regulations, including 2 CFR Part 200.
- Apply proven business practices related to the grant lifecycle to increase efficiency and meet grant management priorities, such as strategic planning, organization, program implementation, staff training, monitoring, reporting, and audits.
- Develop or revise policies, procedures, and practices in critical areas of grants management, such as monitoring, procurement, source documentation, payments, and equipment inventory.
- Prepare for federal monitoring and sub-recipient monitoring.
The course is a four-week session and includes:
- 21 hours of online instruction
- 14 hours of independent study and homework assignments
- Hands on activities and networking break-out room
NOTE: FEMA encourages registration for recipients and others who were scheduled for the in-person field delivery for K/L 0705 course that was canceled due to COVID-19 during 2020.
The 2021 schedule is below. Please review the course dates and identify the best date for you to attend. Then, submit your online registration directly to Emergency Management Institute’s (EMI’s) online admissions system (Full link: https://training.fema.gov/netc_online_admissions). You must submit your admission form no later than the specified Registration Close Date for your session, which is in the table below.
Submit questions to: FEMA-GPD-Training@fema.dhs.gov.
Thank you for your interest in grants management!
|K0705 Course Dates||Schedule||Orientation Dates (participants must attend one session)||Registration Close Date|
|February 22 – March 18, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,1 -3 PM ET||February 16, 17, 18||January 29|
|March 1 – March 25, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,10 AM – 12 PM ET||February 23, 24, 25||February 5|
|April 19 – May 13, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,2 – 4 PM ET||April 13, 14, 15||March 23|
|May 3 – May 27, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,10 AM – 12 PM ET||April 27, 28, 29||March 31|
|June 7 – July 1, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,2 – 4 PM ET||May 19, 20, 25||April 23|
|July 12 – August 5, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,10 AM – 12 PM ET||June 29, 30 and July 7||June 11|
|July 26 – August 19, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,2 – 4 PM ET||July 20, 21, 22||June 25|
|August 9 – September 2, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,10 AM – 12 PM ET||July 28 and August 3, 4||July 1|
|September 13 – October 8, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays2 – 4 PM ET||August 31 and September 8, 9||August 6|
|October 18 – November 10, 2021||Mondays and Thursdays,10 AM – 12 PM ET||October 6, 13, 14||September 17|