There is still plenty of time to complete and submit your FY 2017 FP&S grant application! The application period will close in one week, on Friday, March 16, 2018. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Complete your application today at https://www.fema.gov/e-grant-application-access.
The application assistance tools are available here.
FP&S Application Review Checklist
- Proofread your application for mistakes or errors.
- Remove any “filler” or placeholder text and update each application field with your final answer.
- Ensure that all required application fields been answered and the information is accurate.
- Check the quantities and costs for all budgeted line items and confirm that there are no discrepancies between the request details section of the application and the narrative sections.
- Ensure that you have included costs for all items and/or activities that are needed to implement your grant, if awarded.
- Use your voice to explain your organization’s needs within the narrative sections (do not use boilerplate language or copy text from vendors).
- Ask a colleague who is not involved with the writing of the grant to proofread your application. They should be able to tell you if they understand your organization’s needs and whether any information is unclear.
REMEMBER: *Applications cannot be edited once submitted*
Submitting Preparer Information
FEMA requires that all applicants disclose the name, address, and contact information of the person or organization, to include contracted grant writers, who are responsible for preparing the FP&S application. Applicants must attest that all information contained within the application, including preparer information, is true, complete, and accurate at the time of submission.
Please contact the AFG Help Desk if you contract with a grant writer and they either refuse or ask not to be identified in the preparer information section of the application.
Issues with Application Submission
- Problems such as expired passwords, technical malfunctions, or loss of internet access will not be accepted as excuses for late submissions. If you are having a problem submitting your application, you must report the problem to the AFG Help Desk before the application deadline of March 16, 2018 at 5 PM ET.
- Many applications appear to be nearly complete or are 100 percent complete but have not actually been submitted in the eGrant application portal. No application will be processed unless it is submitted in the portal and the applicant receives an e-mail confirmation. If you submitted your application but did not receive an e-mail confirmation in your eGrant application mailbox, please contact the AFG Help Desk.
Web Browser Reminders
- For best results, use Internet Explorer when completing your online FP&S application. Alternate browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari, may have limited functionality in the application.
- Avoid opening multiple web browsers or multiple windows when completing and submitting your FP&S application; this has caused technical problems for some users.
- There are several known problems entering application information using non-IE browsers or having multiple browsers open, including but not limited to:
- system failure to recognize correct information
- system failure to capture and retain correct information
- system functions like “cut and paste” being disabled
- system resources like help screens or drop down menus being unavailable
If you have questions, please contact the AFG Help Desk below.
AFG Home Page: www.fema.gov/firegrants
AFG Regional Representatives: http://www.fema.gov/fire-grant-contact-information