FEMA fire grant news
The funding notice is available for the fiscal year 2021 Fire Prevention and Safety Grant Program, and the application period will open on Tuesday, January 18, at 8 a.m. ET and close on Friday, February 18, at 5 p.m. ET.
Start planning your FY 2021 Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) grant application now by reviewing the Notice of Funding Opportunity and application guidance materials. These documents can be viewed at Fire Prevention & Safety Documents | FEMA.gov and/or downloaded to your computer:
- Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Applicant Checklist
- This checklist will help you prepare to answer questions within the grant application.
- Self-Evaluation – Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Activity
- This sheet will help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying for FP&S Activity grant.
- FP&S Frequently Asked Questions
- FP&S Research and Development Frequently Asked Questions
- Cost Share Calculator
- This calculator will help you understand and determine your organization’s cost share for FP&S grants.
- FEMA GO Account Creation User Guide
- Economic Hardship Waiver
Fire Grants Help Desk: If you have questions about the guidance materials listed above, call or email the Fire Grants Help Desk. The toll-free number is 1-866-274-0960; the e-mail address is for questions is [email protected].The Fire Grants Help Desk is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET.
FY 2021 FP&S LIVE WEBINARS
FEMA will host live Adobe Connect webinars to provide an overview of the FY 2021 FP&S Program. The application webinar is intended to outline important information on the FP&S program, what is new for 2021, program priorities, eligible costs, how to navigate the grant application, and tips for preparing a FP&S application. FEMA Preparedness Officers will be available to answer your questions.
FP&S Webinar Schedule
|Topic||Day of the week||Date||Time|
|FY 2021 FP&S Activity||Wednesday||01/19/2022||2 – 3:30 p.m. ET|
|FY 2021 FP&S Research and Development Activity||Friday||01/21/2022||2 – 3:30 p.m. ET|
|FY 2021 FP&S Activity||Wednesday||01/26/2022.||noon – 1:30 p.m. ET|
|FY 2021 FP&S Activity||Tuesday||02/01/2022||1 – 2:30 p.m. ET|
|FY 2021 FP&S Activity||Wednesday||02/09/2022||3 – 4:30 p.m. ET|
|FY 2021 FP&S Activity||Wednesday||02/16/2022||2 – 3:30 p.m. ET|
Live Webinars: Webinar sessions will be broadcast using an Adobe Connect webinar link. We suggest that you save this link to your web browser’s favorites. The Adobe Connect webinar link can be found at https://fema.connectsolutions.com/fy21fpswebinars/. A conference line will also be available at 800-320-4330 Conference Code: 258436
To access the webinar, follow these steps:
- Click on the webinar link;
- Select “enter as a guest” and provide your name and your department’s name. Click on enter the room;
- Agree to the terms of the Adobe Connect system, click on “OK”.
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before, you may test your connection and audio at https://fema.connectsolutions.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
The online FP&S grant application will be available through the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program’s FEMA GO (FEMA Grants Outcomes) application portal at https://go.fema.gov.
All users must have their own FEMA GO account. Each account is specific to the authorized user and must not be shared with other personnel. A FEMA GO Account Creation User Guide can be viewed on the FP&S Program website or downloaded to your computer.
Web Browser Information
FEMA GO will only support the most recent major release of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
Users who attempt to use tablet type devices or other browsers may encounter issues with using FEMA GO.
SAM.GOV REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO APPLY AND RECEIVE GRANTS
All eligible applicants must be registered and active in the System for Award Management (SAM) before you can start an application. Per 2 CFR § 25.205, FEMA may not make an award to an entity until the entity has complied with the requirements to provide a valid DUNS number and maintain an active SAM.gov registration with current information. To register, or validate your SAM.gov information, please visit https://www.sam.gov/SAM/.
SAM.gov Registration Tips:
Please ensure the following items are current in SAM and the DUNS number used in SAM is the same one you use for all FEMA applications:
- Organization’s name
- Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Banking information – type of account (checking or saving), routing number, and account number
The above information should be consistent throughout all registration documents.
Many websites may look official in appearance but are not. As a reminder, registration in the SAM.gov is FREE.
SAM.gov registration is only active for one year and must be renewed annually.
Should you need assistance with your SAM.gov account, there are several ways to get help:
- Submit your SAM.gov question online to the Federal Service Help Desk at https://www.fsd.gov/gsafsd_sp
- Call the Federal Service Help Desk toll free at (866) 606-8220 open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- Quick Start Guides for Grant Registrations and SAM Video Tutorial for New Applicants are tools created by the General Services Administration to assist those registering with the System for Award Management.
If you have questions or concerns about your SAM.gov registration, please contact the Federal Support desk at https://www.fsd.gov/gsafsd_sp