FEMA has announced Round 6 fire jobs grant winners for the FY 2017 Staffing for Adequate Fire & Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants program. FEMA awarded 136 fire service hiring grants totaling $151,316,254, including:
- Half Moon Volunteer Fire Department, Jacksonville, NC, Recruitment, $18,500
- PACE FIRE RESCUE DISTRICT, PACE, FL, Hiring, $369,088
- Town of Plymouth Fire Department, Plymouth, MA, Hiring, $2,012,075
- Cincinnati Fire Department, Cincinnati, OH, Hiring, $7,324,742
- Philadelphia Fire Department, Philadelphia, PA, Hiring, $16,669,092
Subsequent SAFER fire jobs grants will be announced on Fridays but may not occur every week. Check First Responder Grants each week for the latest SAFER fire grant news.