The FY 2017 AFG application period is now open and will close on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5 PM ET. Make every effort to submit your application early because no application will be accepted after the official close of the application period.
The following information is provided to help ensure your organization has every opportunity to submit a competitive application with the best chance for funding.
- NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) contains the key programmatic updates and application requirements for all eligible applicants.
- NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) CORRECTION NOTICE There have been several updates to the NOFO, Please review the updates before submitting your application
- The GET READY GUIDE is designed to give you a kick-start in preparing your application. It will help better prepare you to thoroughly answer the application questions.
- The SELF-EVALUATION ASSISTANCE sheets are designed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program. There are two sheets, one for OPERATIONS & SAFETY and one for VEHICLE ACQUISITION.
- The APPLICATION CHECKLIST will help you prepare your grant application. Collecting this information beforehand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- The COST SHARE CALCULATOR allows you to determine your organizations Local Cost Share for grants. It is important to familiarize yourself with FEMA’s administration of cost sharing requirements.
- FY 2017 AFG Application Webinars and Live Workshops
NOFO Correction Notice
Please note that there have been updates to the NOFO since its original posting in December. Applicants are responsible for reviewing the specific updates BEFORE finalizing and submitting their application.
Submitting Preparer Information
FEMA requires that all applicants disclose the name, address and contact information of the person or organization, to include contracted grant writers, who are responsible for preparing the AFG application. Please ensure that this information is accurate at the time of submission. As a reminder, all applicants must attest that all information contained within the application, including preparer information, must be true, complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge. If you contract with a grant writer, and they either refuse, or provide advice to not list them in the preparer information section of the application, please notify the AFG program office.