FEMA has announced Round 3 fire jobs grant winners for the FY 2017 Staffing for Adequate Fire & Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants program. FEMA awarded 18 fire service hiring grants totaling $17,092,514, including:
- Freetown Fire Department, East Freetown, MA, Hiring, $258,445
- Bedford Township Fire Department, Temperance, MI, Hiring, $536,071
- Southington Fire Department, Southington, CT, Hiring, $888,977
- Hollister Fire Department, Hollister, CA, Hiring, $2,591,108
- City of Lynn, Massachusetts, Lynn, MA, Hiring, $3,456,281
Subsequent SAFER fire jobs grants will be announced on Fridays but may not occur every week. Check First Responder Grants each week for the latest SAFER fire grant news.