6 First Responder Grants clients and students receive FY 2022 AFG fire grant awards
Fire grants don’t get bigger or more competitive than the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program. Six of our Fire Service clients and students have received fire grants under AFG’s FY 2022 program year.
One department received not just one grant… but two:
- Tamworth Fire Department, New Hampshire, $307,200, for SCBA and SCBA compressor and fill station
- Brierfield Fire Department, Alabama, $38,322, for nozzles and hose
- City of Belvidere Fire Department, Illinois, regional grant with four other departments in Boone County, $594,248, for portable radios
- Addison Fire Protection District, Illinois, $59,090, for EMS Training Aids for an Advanced Trauma & Cardiac training simulator
- Deerfield Fire District #1, New York, $39,691, for auto extrication equipment
- City of Forest Park Fire and Emergency Services, Georgia, $174,871, Direct Source Capture System AND $500,000 for a Heavy Rescue vehicle
That’s a grand total of $1,713,422. The grants these departments competed for will help them better protect their communities and personnel.
Congratulations, and welcome to the winner’s circle!
Will your department be next?
Your department can win grants too.