The Assistance to Firefighters (AFG) application period will close on Friday, January 15. Applications must be received no later than at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. No exceptions will be made for submissions after 5 p.m. EST, so submit your application on time.
Complete your application today at www.fema.gov/e-grant-application-access
Closeout Report Reminder
If you are currently applying for a FY 2015 Assistance to Firefighters grant and have an overdue closeout report due from a previous grant, and the closeout module is available, the review of your FY 2015 application will be set aside until you have submitted the delinquent closeout report. Closeout modules are available for the following years and programs:
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program: 2002-2012
- Fire Prevention and Safety: 2002-2012
- Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response: 2005-2011 (2005-2008 done on paper)
- If you have questions regarding the closeout process, please review the closeout tutorial (www.fema.gov/closeout-report-tutorial-closeout-report-sections) or contact the AFG Help Desk below.
Web Browser Reminders
For best results, use Internet Explorer when completing your online AFG application. Alternate browsers, such as Firefox and Safari, may have limited functionality in the application.
Avoid opening multiple web browsers or multiple windows when completing and submitting your AFG application; this has caused technical problems for some users.
Internet explorer settings, please do the following before logging into the site:
- Click on tools, and then click on Internet Options.
- Under the General tab click on the settings button under browsing history.
- Make sure it is set to “Check for newer versions of stored pages. (update to) every time you visit the page.”
- Then click the “delete” button and delete your temporary internet files, cookies, history and form data.
- Then close and click ok. Then close and click ok. Close the browser and any other open browsers then open up a new one.
- If you must use Firefox in order to make the right choice from the dropdown, you will need to use your up and down arrow key on your keyboard instead of your mouse to make the selection. Once you have chosen using your up and down key, then press enter.