FEMA has announced Round 7 fire jobs grant winners for the FY 2017 Staffing for Adequate Fire & Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants program. FEMA awarded 80 fire service hiring grants totaling $35,367,079, including:
- Dexter Area Fire Department, Dexter, MI, Recruitment, $20,000
- Stanton Township Volunteer Fire Dept., Inc., Houghton, MI, Recruitment, $54,100
- Hanford Fire Department, Hanford, CA, Hiring, $550,079
- City of Sherman, Sherman, TX, Hiring, $742,879
- City of Harvey, Harvey, IL, Hiring, $921,300
Subsequent SAFER fire jobs grants will be announced on Fridays but may not occur every week. Check First Responder Grants each week for the latest SAFER fire grant news.