The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced the fourteenth award round for the FY2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) fire grants program.
FEMA awarded $26,330,146 to 155 Fire Service organizations throughout the US. Awards included:
- $2,363, Operations and Safety, EMS Equipment, Rostraver/West Newton Emergency Services, Inc., Belle Vernon, PA
- $99,332, Operations and Safety, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Smith Township Volunteer Fire Department, Cynthiana, IN
- $425,000, State Fire Training Academy, Equipment, Colorado Department of Public Safety/Division of Fire Safety, Denver, CO
- $850,250, Vehicle Acquisition, Sugarcreek Township Fire Department, Dayton, OH
- $1,899,293, Operations and Safety, Equipment, Lathrop Manteca Fire District, Lathrop, CA
Round 14 award allocations:
- Operations & Safety: 131 awards, $15,143,844
- Vehicles: 19 awards, $6,703,069
- State Fire Training Academy: 2 awards, $439,671
Total FY2013 appropriations are $280,163,233: $201,717,528 for Operations & Safety fire grants, $70,040,808 for Vehicle fire grants, and $8,404,897 for State Fire Training Academy fire grants.
To-date, 1,491 fire grants totaling $197,031,264 have been awarded:
- Operations & Safety: 1,305 awards, $151,393,656
- Vehicles: 164 awards, $39,904,491
- State Fire Training Academy: 22 awards, $5,733,117
Estimated remaining funds are:
- Operations & Safety: $56,562,558 (27%)
- Vehicles: $32,302,528 (45%)
- State Fire Training Academy: $2,931,725 (34%)
With an average of 107 awards per round, the average award amount is:
- Operations & Safety: $116,010
- Vehicles: $243,320
- State Fire Training Academy: $260,596
An estimated 6 award rounds remain. Our thanks to Andy Theriault of Ipswich FD, MA, for compiling these statistics.
See the full FY2013 AFG fire grant award list here. Check back weekly for more AFG award updates!