FEMA’s Grant Programs Directorate will conduct the Fundamentals of Grants Management course for recipients currently receiving FEMA federal financial assistance. The course, part of the Grants Management Technical Assistance (GMTA) Program, is designed to enhance the recipient’s ability to administer and manage their federal financial assistance.
- Training Announcement: E705 Fundamentals of Grants Management June 29-July 1, 2015 and October 6-8, 2015
- Location: Emergency Management Training Center in Emmitsburg, MD
- Application Deadlines: May 22 and September 4, 2015
- Course Length: 3 days
This course is designed for:
- Current FEMA recipients
- Direct recipients of FEMA federal financial assistance
- Individuals with less than 10 years grants management experience
This course covers high-level grant management principles with the understanding that processes may differ from program to program and recipients will need to play close attention to their Notice of Funding Opportunity/Program Guidance’s for more specific details.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Improve collaboration among policy, program, and financial staff to integrate grant management functions.
- Identify applicable regulations, navigate and apply the FEMA Code of Federal Regulations, including 2 C.F.R 200.
- Apply proven business practices related to the grant lifecycle to increase efficiency and meet grant management priorities such as strategic planning, organization, program implementation, staff training, monitoring, reporting, and audits.
- Develop or revise policies, procedures and practices in critical areas of grants management such as monitoring, procurement, source documentation, payments, and equipment inventory.
- Prepare for Federal monitoring and sub-recipient monitoring.
Organizations are strongly encouraged to attend as teams comprised of policy, program and financial grants management staff. Please check with your Program Analyst/Manager to see if travel costs for this training are part of your Management and Administration costs. Note: EMI does not provide travel reimbursement or student stipends for this course.
Application Instructions: Please submit a copy of the EMI application located at http://www.training.fema.gov/apply/119-25-1.pdf?d=2014-12-9.
The link to the State Training Officers: http://www.fema.gov/state-offices-and-agencies-emergency-management.
In BLOCK 16 of the EMI application, you MUST indicate your role in the management of an awarded FEMA grant. Applications must be signed by the applicant, their supervisor and the State Training Officer. A link to the state training officers is listed above (STO signature is required per BLOCK 23 of the application).
Follow additional instructions at: http://www.training.fema.gov/Apply/.
Please submit your completed application in PDF format to: Christine A. Spangler email@example.com. Training Specialist, FEMA EMI.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.