FEMA has announced Round 17 fire grant winners for the FY2016 Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG). FEMA awarded 79 fire grants totaling $18,921,802, including:
- Ringwood Volunteer Fire Co. #1, Ringwood, NJ, Operations and Safety, $7,143, Equipment ($7,500)
- St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 5, Folsom, LA, Regional Request, $43,182
- Skagit County Fire Protection District #5, Bow, WA, Operations and Safety, $111,860, Equipment ($108,250)
- Havre Fire Department, Havre, MT, Vehicle Acquisition, $485,715, Vehicle Acquisition ($510,000)
- Philadelphia Fire Department, Philadelphia, PA, Operations and Safety, $2,625,344, Training ($45,000)
Subsequent AFG fire grants will be announced on Fridays but may not occur every week. Check First Responder Grants each week for the latest AFG news.