Get ready for 2020 AFG, FP&S, and SAFER! FEMA is releasing details for upcoming grants. Start getting ready, but remember, dates and details are subject to change. Stay tuned!
- FY 2020 AFG will open in late November 2020 (possibly Nov. 23 or Nov. 30)
- The application period is expected to run through the holidays and close during the first week of January 2021.
- NOFO is expected to be released soon, and be similar to the 2019 NOFO
- Yes, you can hit “print!” AFG applications can be printed: Go in FEMA GO, pull up your application, and press CTRL-P
- FY 2020 Fire Prevention & Safety grant program will open in January of 2021
- NOFOs when available can be found at www.fema.gov/firegrants
- Deadline is expected to be in February 2021.
FEMA does not yet know the parameters of the FY 2020 grant programs.
- FY 2020 SAFER grant program open in February of 2021
- In consideration of the economic impact of the pandemic, FEMA has also authorized waivers for certain provisions of the FY20 SAFER Grant Program
- Expected deadline is during March 2021
- No cost match expected
- Departments may be able to to apply to restore firefighters laid off due to the COVID pandemic
FEMA also says…
All AFG, SAFER and Fire Prevention applications and grant awards will be through the new FEMA GO system.
- MOST IMPORTANT – Make sure that your SAM.GOV registration is and remains ACTIVE during the period of performance of your grant.
- ALSO IMPORTANT – PLEASE be sure to update SAM and FEMA GO if there are changes in your AOR. (Authorized Organization Representative)
- Make sure your FEMA GO registration is good to go NOW.