FEMA has announced Round 5 fire jobs grant winners for the FY 2017 Staffing for Adequate Fire & Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants program. FEMA awarded 13 fire service hiring grants totaling $13,959,917, including:
- Hampton County, Hampton, SC, Hiring, $429,494
- Avra Valley Fire District, Marana, AZ, Hiring, $613,739
- Fall River Fire Department, Fall River, MA, Hiring, $965,626
- Rutherford County Fire and Rescue Department, Murfreesboro , TN, Hiring, $1,771,146
- City of Lewisville, Lewisville, TX, Hiring, $3,022,974
Subsequent SAFER fire jobs grants will be announced on Fridays but may not occur every week. Check First Responder Grants each week for the latest SAFER fire grant news.