FEMA has announced Round 7 fire jobs grant winners for the FY 2017 Staffing for Adequate Fire & Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants program. FEMA awarded 13 fire service hiring grants totaling $15,945,893, including:
- City of Belton, Belton, TX, Fire Prevention, $24,158
- Childrens Burn Foundation, Sherman Oaks, CA, Fire Prevention, $578,691
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, Research and Prevention, $1,241,435
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, Emmitsburg, MD, Fire Prevention, $1,428,572
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc., Northbrook, IL, Research, $1,500,000
Subsequent SAFER fire jobs grants will be announced on Fridays but may not occur every week. Check First Responder Grants each week for the latest SAFER fire grant news.