The FY2014 Assistance to Firefighters Grants Program (AFG) open application period is coming soon. All eligible applicants must be registered and active in the System for Award Management (SAM) before you can submit an application.
Per 2 CFR § 25.205, FEMA may not make an award to an entity until the entity has complied with the requirements to provide a valid DUNS number and maintain an active SAM registration with current information. The System for Award Management (SAM) consolidates federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA).
To register, or validate your information, please visit: www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/
SAM.gov Registration Tips
Please ensure the following items are current in SAM and the DUNS number used in SAM is the same one you use for all FEMA applications:
- Organization’s name
- DUNS number
- Banking information (type of account (checking or saving), routing number, and account number
- Many websites may look official in appearance but are not. As a reminder, registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is FREE
- SAM registration is only active for one year and must be renewed annually
- FEMA has prepared a technical assistance document, the SAM.gov Get Ready Guide. This document is designed to walk you through the SAM.gov registration process
- This information should be consistent in all registration documents
Should you need assistance with your SAM.gov account, there are several ways to get help: