The FY 2019 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) application period is anticipated to be opening in the winter of 2019/20. All Assistance to Firefighters (AFG), Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER), and Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) grant applicants must have an active SAM.gov registration with current information at the time of application, while an application is pending, or have an active federal award.
Before the application period opens, you must check your SAM.gov account and make sure that you are registered and that it is “ACTIVE” because you will not be able to start, or submit your application without an active SAM.gov registration.
Please ensure the following items are current in the System for Award Management (SAM) and the Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number used in SAM.gov is the same one you use for all FEMA applications:
- Organization’s name
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Banking information (type of account (checking or saving), routing number, and account number
- Many websites may look official in appearance but are not. As a reminder, registration in the SAM.gov is FREE
- SAM.gov registrations are only active for one year and registration must be renewed and revalidated at least every 12 months from the date previously registered to avoid being “INACTIVE”.
- This information should be consistent in all registration documents
Should you need assistance with your SAM.gov account, there are several ways to get help:
- Submit your SAM.gov question online to the Federal Service Help Desk at https://www.fsd.gov/fsd-gov/home.do
- Call the Federal Service Help Desk toll free at 1-866-606-8220
- SAM Quick Start Guide For New Grantee Registration and SAM Video Tutorial for New Applicants are tools created by the General Services Administration (GSA) to assist those registering with SAM.
If you have questions or concerns about your SAM.gov registration, please contact the Federal Support desk at https://www.fsd.gov