The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced the sixth award round for the FY2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) fire grants program.
FEMA awarded $11,909,700 to 97 Fire Service organizations throughout the US. Awards ranged from a $9,263 All-Volunteer Equipment Fire Grant, awarded to the Skyline Lake Volunteer Fire Department, Ringwood, NJ, to a $770,823 All Paid/Career Fire Grant (Modify Facilities, Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment/PPE), awarded to the Decatur Township Fire Department, Indianapolis, IN.
Round 6 award allocations:
- Operations & Safety: 76 awards, $7,224,146
- Vehicles: 19 awards, $4,362,261
- State Fire Training Academy: 2 awards, $323,293
Total FY2013 appropriations are $280,163,233: $201,717,528 for Operations & Safety fire grants, $70,040,808 for Vehicle fire grants, and $8,404,897 for State Fire Training Academy fire grants.
To-date, 399 fire grants totaling $35,193,992 have been awarded:
- Operations & Safety: 373 awards, $29,628,607
- Vehicles: 20 awards, $4,501,911
- State Fire Training Academy: 6 awards, $1,063,474
Estimated remaining funds are:
- Operations & Safety: $172,088,921
- Vehicles: $65,538,897
- State Fire Training Academy: $7,341,423
The average award is:
- Operations & Safety: $79,433
- Vehicles: $225,096
- State Fire Training Academy: $177,246
See the full FY2013 AFG fire grant award list here. Check back weekly for more AFG award updates!